Thank you to all who participate in the 4th Annual Palmer Spring Classic this year! We had a wonderful time and a record-setting number of participants.
The Palmer Spring Classic is an annual Randonnée Style Ride. In Randonnées riders can ride alone or with a group. They must complete the predesignated course in the amount of time allotted and are expected to to be self-sufficient between check points. Not sure how to maintain your bike on the road or trail: come to one of our Bike Skills Clinics
Ride Start Details:
- Start staged in front of Vagabond Blues in downtown Palmer: 642 S Alaska St, Palmer, AK.
- End the course at Backcountry Bike and Ski: 132 W Arctic Ave. Palmer, AK
- $30 early entry fee. Fee will increase as we get closer to the ride day
- 7:30 AM Check-In
- 9 AM Start Time
- Come have a coffee or breakfast snack at Vagabond before hand.
Parking Your Car for the Day:
- You will be away from your car the whole day. DO NOT PARK IN DOWNTOWN STREET FRONT PARKING, ESPECIALLY BEHIND VAGABOND BLUES/KOSLOVSKY. YOU WILL BE TICKETED. Please park at the Mat-Su Borough Building (between Dahlia and Elmwood), at the back of the parking lot at Fred Meyers, or across from Backcountry Bike and Ski on Arctic Ave.
- Concerned about parking? Carpool or ride to the event!!!
- Riders can sign up for a 50K, 100K, or 200K and must complete the course in the specified time limits.
- All riders must be self-sufficient; i.e. tire repair, basic bike maintenance, nutrition & hydration, are all up to the riders. There will be no support vehicles allowed.
- Dropping out: please call the phone numbers on the Randonnée Cards. It is your sole responsibility to call and let someone know you are abandoning the course.
- Obey all rules of the road: riding with traffic, obeying stop lights and stop signs, etc.
- Alaska Randonneurs offers a full series of rides all summer long, and all around the state. Visit their website for more information: http://alaskarandonneurs.org/