Mark your calendars now for the 4th Annual Palmer Spring Classic, Saturday April 25th!!!
The Palmer Spring Classic is an annual Randonnée Style Ride. In Randonnées riders can ride alone or with a group. They must complete the predesignated course in the amount of time allotted and are expected to to be self-sufficient between check points. Not sure how to maintain your bike on the road or trail: come to one of our Bike Skills Clinics
Ride Start Details:
- Start staged in front of Vagabond Blues in downtown Palmer: 642 S Alaska St, Palmer, AK.
- End the course at Backcountry Bike and Ski: 132 W Arctic Ave. Palmer, AK
- $30 early entry fee. Fee will increase as we get closer to the ride day
- 7:30 AM Check-In
- 9 AM Start Time
- Registration Closed
- Come have a coffee or breakfast snack at Vagabond before hand.
Parking Your Car for the Day:
- You will be away from your car the whole day. DO NOT PARK IN DOWNTOWN STREET FRONT PARKING, ESPECIALLY BEHIND VAGABOND BLUES/KOSLOVSKY. YOU WILL BE TICKETED. Please park at the Mat-Su Borough Building (between Dahlia and Elmwood), at the back of the parking lot at Fred Meyers, or across from Backcountry Bike and Ski on Arctic Ave.
- Concerned about parking? Carpool or ride to the event!!!
- All course maps will be posted here shortly.
- Riders can sign up for a 50K, 100K, or 200K and must complete the course in the specified time limits.
- All riders must be self-sufficient; i.e. tire repair, basic bike maintenance, nutrition & hydration, are all up to the riders. There will be no support vehicles allowed.
- Dropping out: please call the phone numbers on the Randonnée Cards. It is your sole responsibility to call and let someone know you are abandoning the course.
- Obey all rules of the road: riding with traffic, obeying stop lights and stop signs, etc.
- Alaska Randonneurs offers a full series of rides all summer long, and all around the state. Visit their website for more information: http://alaskarandonneurs.org/