Thank you to the over 100 riders that joined us April 26th for the 3rd Annual Palmer Spring Classic!!!
The Palmer Spring Classic is an annual Randonnée Style Ride. In Randonnées riders can ride alone or with a group. They must complete the predesignated course in the amount of time allotted and are expected to to be self-sufficient between check points.
Ride Start Details:
- Start staged in front of Vagabond Blues in downtown Palmer: 642 S Alaska St, Palmer, AK.
- End the course at Backcountry Bike and Ski: 132 W Arctic Ave. Palmer, AK
- $30 entry fee
- 7:30 AM Check-In
- 9 AM Start Time
- Registration Closed
- Come have a coffee or breakfast snack at Vagabond before hand.
Parking Your Car for the Day:
- You will be away from your car the whole day, there is a downtown event taking place this same day (Who Let The Girls Out). DO NOT PARK IN DOWNTOWN STREET PARKING. YOU WILL BE TICKETED. Please park at the Mat-Su Borough Building (between Dahlia and Elmwood), at the Alaska Bible College building (on Fireweed), at the old Carr’s building (corner of the Glenn Hwy & Palmer Wasilla Hwy), or across from Backcountry Bike and Ski on Arctic Ave.
- All course maps will be posted here shortly.
- Riders can sign up for a 50K, 100K, or 200K and must complete the course in the specified time limits.
- All riders must be self-sufficient; i.e. tire repair, basic bike maintenance, nutrition & hydration, are all up to the riders. There will be no support vehicles allowed.
- Dropping out: please call the phone numbers on the Randonnée Cards. It is your sole responsibility to call and let someone know you are abandoning the course.
- Obey all rules of the road: riding with traffic, obeying stop lights and stop signs, etc.
- Alaska Randonneurs offers a full series of rides all summer long, and all around the state. Visit their website for more information: http://alaskarandonneurs.org/